One thing I will definitely miss when I am no longer a student is having the summer months to relax a bit and recharge in between semesters. In fact, while I am far from being finished with my medical education, this is the last true summer break I will have. My research has been going fairly well so far, but it is somewhat slow moving, which has given me some unexpected free time the last few weeks. I have tried to take advantage of it by doing some non-medical reading and have started running again lately - something that unfortunately rarely made it onto my schedule during the school year. I even went down to the Field House (Iowa's rec center) with my research mentor to play basketball last week.
Erin's work schedule came out last week and she got the whole week off for us to go to "The Lake" this year!! We are both more excited than ever to spend a week with family fishing, skiing, and doing all the other things that make Ten Mile Lake our favorite place to vacation.
I hope that both of our dads had a great Father's day yesterday!! Unfortunately for one of them the US Open ended up being a bit of a disappointment. We had a great father's day message at church yesterday given by one of our elders. I was challenged by it and I'm not even a father yet. I won't recount the entire sermon, but he started by showing a music video called American Dream by Casting Crowns (click the link if you want to see it) that I have watched probably 4 or 5 times since then. The music may be a little too rock n' roll for some of your tastes, but the message is great nonetheless.
Erin's work schedule came out last week and she got the whole week off for us to go to "The Lake" this year!! We are both more excited than ever to spend a week with family fishing, skiing, and doing all the other things that make Ten Mile Lake our favorite place to vacation.
I hope that both of our dads had a great Father's day yesterday!! Unfortunately for one of them the US Open ended up being a bit of a disappointment. We had a great father's day message at church yesterday given by one of our elders. I was challenged by it and I'm not even a father yet. I won't recount the entire sermon, but he started by showing a music video called American Dream by Casting Crowns (click the link if you want to see it) that I have watched probably 4 or 5 times since then. The music may be a little too rock n' roll for some of your tastes, but the message is great nonetheless.
Comments
Post a Comment
Comments will appear after approved by host.