Hello to everyone....
I haven't updated for awhile so I thought I would give a little update about what has been happening in our neck of the woods.
I have been busy working this week. On July 17, it will be one year since I started at the hospital as a Peds nurse. It is crazy how fast the past year has gone. Since I now have one year experience on my unit, I will be starting intermediate orientation, meaning I will be learning some more advanced skills which will include learning how to analyze heart rhythms, learning how to work with kids on ventilators, and some other slightly more complex things.
Jon is still doing his summer reasearch with an Otolaryngology (ear, nose, and throat) doctor, Dr. Hansen. Dr. Hansen has learned Jon likes to play basketball and has taken a few afternoons off to play basketball with him and some of the other lab workers at the fieldhouse.
In a couple of weeks Jon and I will be helping with our church's vacation Bible school. The theme of the VBS is Galilee by-the-sea. The goal is to make the children feel like they are actually in Bible times. Jon and I are shopkeepers and even have to wear costumes! The leaders of our bible study group are actually in charge of the whole VBS, so we have been helping them prepare.
And yes, we are OF COURSE counting down sleeps to the lake :) Only 22 sleeps to go!!!
I haven't updated for awhile so I thought I would give a little update about what has been happening in our neck of the woods.
I have been busy working this week. On July 17, it will be one year since I started at the hospital as a Peds nurse. It is crazy how fast the past year has gone. Since I now have one year experience on my unit, I will be starting intermediate orientation, meaning I will be learning some more advanced skills which will include learning how to analyze heart rhythms, learning how to work with kids on ventilators, and some other slightly more complex things.
Jon is still doing his summer reasearch with an Otolaryngology (ear, nose, and throat) doctor, Dr. Hansen. Dr. Hansen has learned Jon likes to play basketball and has taken a few afternoons off to play basketball with him and some of the other lab workers at the fieldhouse.
In a couple of weeks Jon and I will be helping with our church's vacation Bible school. The theme of the VBS is Galilee by-the-sea. The goal is to make the children feel like they are actually in Bible times. Jon and I are shopkeepers and even have to wear costumes! The leaders of our bible study group are actually in charge of the whole VBS, so we have been helping them prepare.
And yes, we are OF COURSE counting down sleeps to the lake :) Only 22 sleeps to go!!!
Comments
Post a Comment
Comments will appear after approved by host.