My first two weeks of medical school went surprisingly well. Sure there were times when I wondered what I had gotten myself into - like when I was still in the anatomy lab at 6:30 PM studying for my first quiz. But most of the time I feel very fortunate to be studying medicine at such a great school. So far the workload has been tough, but far from unbearable. I am taking 5 courses the first semester (the same as every other student): Genetics, Biochemistry, Anatomy, Cell Biology, and Foundations of Clinical Practice (FCP). I start class at 8:30 every day except Tuesday, which starts at 10:30. Wednesday and Thursday I am at school until 4:30. Monday and Tuesday afternoon I have anatomy lab, but we rotate every three weeks. So, because I had lab this week, I get the next two weeks off and will be done at 12:30 on Monday and Tuesday. Our first test is two weeks from today and we have a test every Friday from then until the end of the semester. The advice that we have been told over and over again is that if we want to do well in medical school, don't get behind. The studying will probably get more intense once we start taking tests, but so far I have at least been keeping up.
Tomorrow morning is the first home football game of the season. We might try to walk down to the field and get some tickets, but it is supposed to be cold and rainy. Either way, we will be sure to take some pictures of all the crazy hawkeye fans and post them here. Then we will be going home for the weekend to spend some time with our families.
Tomorrow morning is the first home football game of the season. We might try to walk down to the field and get some tickets, but it is supposed to be cold and rainy. Either way, we will be sure to take some pictures of all the crazy hawkeye fans and post them here. Then we will be going home for the weekend to spend some time with our families.
Comments
Post a Comment
Comments will appear after approved by host.