Skip to main content

An Engbers Update

***We have had quite a productive weekend. Besides going to the apple orchard on Friday, Kevin also came at night to bring the other portion of our new desk. The first time we had tried to assemble the desk one part was broken and so we had to reorder it. Thank-you to Kevin for making an extra special trip so Jon could study and Erin could do her scrapbooking on our new desk! In the future I will post a picture, but it is slightly-ok largely- an unorganized mess right now as we are trying to fill in all the shelves and drawers.
***On Saturday, the Hawkeyes played their rivals the Iowa State Cyclones and we were lucky enough to get tickets! It was a great game to watch and we had a great time. We even got sun-burned because it was such a nice day. Why no pictures??? Well I went to take a picture and realized I had left my memory card from my camera in the computer after downloading some pictures Friday night. Can you believe I could do such a thing?!?! UGGGGHHH!
***We have found a church that we really are starting to like called Grace Community Church. The preacher is very good, but only comes a close second to Grandpa Engbers :) Next week we are going to a lunch at church with the whole congregation and then they have a class called getting to know Grace for people who are new to the church which we can attend.
***This coming week Jon has some long and busy days with classes and lab. He is studying the abdominal cavity as I type this:) I will be working nights this week - Monday night, Tuesday night, and Wednesday night. I will be off orientation in one and a half weeks and am looking forward to starting on my own so I can develop my own routine of doing things. That doesn't mean all my nerves will be gone, but everyone on my unit is great at answering questions and helping out.
***So that is a quick update of what has been going on with us. We hope everyone has a good week and enjoys the fall weather - I don't know about everyone else but the weather forecast says we might be hauling out the jeans and sweaters.

Comments

  1. What a great weekend you had. Dad had a good trip home - although I know he was a bit envious of you guys, knowing you were probably at the football game! You have a busy week ahead of you. Take it one day at a time and know we'll be thinking about you. Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments will appear after approved by host.

Popular posts from this blog

Nicaragua Trip ~ Part 3

We all had a good laugh when this horse and wagon pulled up to the gas pump.  We were curious where they were going to put the gas but then realized there was a small tank on the trailer.  Waiting at an intersection for a cattle crossing. We drove about 1 hour from Leon to visit Lake Managua and Momotombo, the volcano in the background.  The volcano lets off steam continuously and actually has a geothermal plant within the volcano that captures energy to be used for electricity. Ready to head out on a boat ride to the base of the volcano. Saturday evening we had dinner with the clinic board of directors at a restaurant near our hotel in León. Sunday morning we had breakfast with Marwel and Einer and then toured some of the old architecture in León.  The yellow church below is called The Church of the Recollection, construction was completed in 1788. The oldest operating Catholic school in Nicaragua. We took a walking tour of the  León  Cathedral, completed ...

PiGtAiLS

April Pics

April seemed to fly by so I'm glad I snapped some pictures to remind me of what we did during these 30 days! Clara likes to entertain her baby brother by getting out all his toys and books.  He does a fairly good job sitting nicely and watching/listening to her chat away.  Both Olivia and Clara can get Eli to smile as well as Jon or I.  He really responds to them! It is fun to start seeing many different expressions from this little guy.  He has us laughing with all his funny faces. This is Elijah's 'not impressed' face. Elijah's favorite way to nap is by his mom and with his blanket up by his face. He also likes to rest on his tummy. We were able to spend some time with grandpa and grandma Peters while they were back visiting.  The girls enjoyed some help with their puzzles! These girls never turn down an ice cream treat! (neither does their mother...) Such a happy guy with lots of big smiles. Olivia a...