Skip to main content

What a Day...

Hightlight #1:
I set out today to do some Christmas shopping and I decided to try the outlet mall that is about 20 minutes from our house, and let me tell you it was well worth the trip!!! The outlet mall had some of my favorite stores - with cheaper prices-yay! However, I had to remind myself I was shopping for OTHERS today. Jon is not sold on the idea that this was a good find for me - haha.

Highlight #2:

We recieved a package in the mail!!! I don't know what it is about getting packages in the mail that makes a person's day, but we sure enjoy it :) Our package had a Christmas cd, hot chocolate, and an ornament for our tree! THANK YOU MOM (LINDA)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nicaragua Trip ~ Part 3

We all had a good laugh when this horse and wagon pulled up to the gas pump.  We were curious where they were going to put the gas but then realized there was a small tank on the trailer.  Waiting at an intersection for a cattle crossing. We drove about 1 hour from Leon to visit Lake Managua and Momotombo, the volcano in the background.  The volcano lets off steam continuously and actually has a geothermal plant within the volcano that captures energy to be used for electricity. Ready to head out on a boat ride to the base of the volcano. Saturday evening we had dinner with the clinic board of directors at a restaurant near our hotel in León. Sunday morning we had breakfast with Marwel and Einer and then toured some of the old architecture in León.  The yellow church below is called The Church of the Recollection, construction was completed in 1788. The oldest operating Catholic school in Nicaragua. We took a walking tour of the  León  Cathedral, completed ...

PiGtAiLS

April Pics

April seemed to fly by so I'm glad I snapped some pictures to remind me of what we did during these 30 days! Clara likes to entertain her baby brother by getting out all his toys and books.  He does a fairly good job sitting nicely and watching/listening to her chat away.  Both Olivia and Clara can get Eli to smile as well as Jon or I.  He really responds to them! It is fun to start seeing many different expressions from this little guy.  He has us laughing with all his funny faces. This is Elijah's 'not impressed' face. Elijah's favorite way to nap is by his mom and with his blanket up by his face. He also likes to rest on his tummy. We were able to spend some time with grandpa and grandma Peters while they were back visiting.  The girls enjoyed some help with their puzzles! These girls never turn down an ice cream treat! (neither does their mother...) Such a happy guy with lots of big smiles. Olivia a...